Getting Started with iCoach
Upon completion of this article, first time users should possess the knowledge required to upload a video, send and receive invitations and finally, review videos.
Logging in to iCoach:
Users must Log in to their iCoach account at http://mxweb.media-x.com/icoach. Input the login code received with the purchase of the iCoach licence here, followed by the password.
The iCoach Menu Items
After logging in to iCoach, users should be viewing a screen similar to the one below:
The toolbar menu at the top of the page contains the following options:
- The Home button transports users to the first screen that is seen upon entering iCoach.
- The Invitations button is the entry point to the area of iCoach that is used to create and accept invitations. This is a very important part of iCoach, so suffice to say, this page will be visited often.
- The Media button will take users to their personal media library. This page displays every video the user has uploaded, ability to add YouTube links, and it provides the option to organize these videos into specific folders. Importantly, a drag and drop area box to upload files is located in the top right corner called 'To upload files drag or click here'.
- The Teams button contains all the functions for creating a team, or managing your team of fellow peers.
- The Reports section provides an overview of the reports made on each of your videos by your peers.
- Finally, the Help button will take you to iCoach’s help page.
Uploading a Video
This is a simple process that is started by selecting the Videos button in the top toolbar menu. On this page, select the Add Video button in the top right hand corner to access the file explorer on your computer. Find the video on your hard drive that you would like to upload, and click on it. After a moment, your video will be added to your personal video library. Use this menu to upload your video Use this menu to upload your video
Create folders to organize your videos by creating a folder name in the ‘Folder’s name’ entry bar on the left and selecting the + icon. To place a video into this specific folder, or any folder for that matter, select the folder button (colored orange) beneath the video and select the folder you would like to move it to, in the list that pops up. The folder button is located beneath the video, on the right side The folder button is located beneath the video, on the right side If you have already uploaded your video to YouTube, you can easily add this video to iCoach by simply inputting the video’s YouTube link into the text bar on the left and selecting the + icon. Now you are ready to move on to the Invitations section.
Creating and Accepting Invitations
To create an invitation, select the Invitations button in the toolbar menu at the top of the screen. Click on the New Invitation button in the top right corner. You should see the Invitation creation menu.
Follow the steps provided on the screen to create your invitation. If you would like to add a contact to your contact list, you are able to simply create a new contact by clicking on the Add Contact button in the top right corner. Add the individuals' information and they will be added to the list.
These new contacts do not need an iCoach license to review your videos, so invite anyone you wish. To pick up where we left off with regards to the creation of a new invitation, step 3 requires you to select the review template you would like to have accompany the video. If you do not have the program eWalk, you will not be able to create your own custom templates, but a simple template will be provided. Step 4 requires you to select the video you would like to invite these individuals to view, and assuming you followed the Uploading a Video step above, your video will appear on this list. Select the video and input a message in step 5 if you would like.
When you have been sent an invitation via e-mail, simply open the e-mail message and click on the link provided. Watch the video and if you see a strength or weakness in the teaching style of the teacher being reviewed, click either the strength or weakness button. Clicking on one of these buttons will pause the video and allow you to make a comment, which will appear below with the precise time. At the end of the video, if a review template has been attached to the video, simply fill it out accordingly.
A video on how to edit the Media Manager